Whilst court is in session you must do the following:
- Before entering the court, you must surrender all munitions.
- If you stand as witness, you must recite the oath.
- Turn off your mobile phone and radio.
- Do not eat, drink or chew gum.
- Do not smoke in the courthouse.
- Sit quietly and don`t talk, comment or make noise if you are watching from the public gallery.
- Do not make an audio or visual recording of proceedings without permission.
- Do not broadcast a trial in any way unless given authorization by Justice prior to proceedings.
- Appropriate formal attire must be worn, no masks or facial garments to be worn.
- Citizens found to have entered Court property without permission can be charged with breaching a CLPD Restricted Zone.
Judges operate in accordance with the law but once all things are said and done the Judges decision is final!These types of cases can only be brought to the court by the CLPD.
Once the request has been posted, a judge is going to review the request and then sets a court date.If the person that has been summoned does not wish to represent themselves, legal counsel can be requested.
You must have sufficient evidence (video or photographic) for a case to be brought to trial, however do not post the evidence in your request. Keep it for the trial.
If it is deemed by a judge that you have made false accusations, a warrant for contempt of court will be issued for your arrest and you will also have to pay a fine to cover legal fees.Civil Dispute Case Requests have to be posted no later than 24 hours after the time the incident occured.
- Chief Justice
- Honorable Justice